We teach children gymnastics skills, which improve their strength, flexibility, stamina, co-ordination and confidence. We aim to help them gain a sense of achievement whilst having lots of fun! Gymnastics is a foundation sport – it helps with all other sports and many areas of everyday life.
We always start with a warm up on the floor to stretch muscles and prepare for the session ahead. We then divide the gymnasts into groups (ensuring children remain with their friends). There are four pieces of equipment. We practice on two pieces per session. For example vault and bars one week and the other pieces, beam and floor the following week. Every third and forth week, we use the award books to note down the improvement made by your gymnast. If achieved, medals and trophies are given out at the end of class.
Every member of our friendly coaching team is qualified through British Gymnastics (formally B.A.G.A), all are CRB checked and all have been gymnasts themselves. Head coach Holly Thompson has been a qualified club coach for 20 years and as a gymnast reached National squad and World Set Level. Holly founded Valdez and it has been running for 10 years. We aim for a ratio of 1 coach to 7 gymnasts (British Gymnastics advise a ratio of 1:12)
It is all about safety. A leotard or shorts and a T-shirt tucked in are best, track suits are fine. Anything with buckles, zips, buttons or toggles can cause injury. Hair must be tied back, no hard ‘Alice’ bands as they fall off and can hurt! Long pony tails can get caught so plaits or buns are best. Bare feet, as socks are slipper. Jewellery and watches are best left off and left at home! Club clothing is available from £7.00. Go to ‘Club Clothing ‘ for order details.
Once you know your gymnast likes it and wants to join, we ask parents to pay half termly in advance. We try our best to run with the Hertfordshire school term. Lengths of the term can vary. please check the FEES page for up to date pricing. Prices include insurance, award book and any medals or trophies and little end of term treats.
Pop a cheque or cash in a provided Valdez envelope, and post in the fees box at the club.
Cheques payable to Valdez Gymnastics Club
Medical forms are essential. Please ensure you fill out one before or on the day that you attend. We ask parents/carers to drop and pick up children directly from the gym, as we do not allow children to leave the gym or to go to the car park without supervision. We MUST have written permission if you wish for this
Terms & Conditions
- Gymnasts must not bring food or drink in the gym.
- No shoes in the gym.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- No jewellery or watches are to be worn.
- Parents are not permitted in the gym for their own and the gymnasts safety.
- No photos or videos can be taken at classes, unless authorised by the club.
- Valdez is not responsible for any items lost or stolen.
- Please leave valuables at home.
- Children must be dropped off and collected from reception, not the car park.
- Class fee invoices are handed out half termly (If you do not receive one, it is your responsibility to let us know).
- Class fees must be received 2 weeks before the start of term to secure your gymnast’s place for the following term.
- Refunds can not be given for classes missed due to illness or holidays.
- Refunds can not be given if you chose to leave mid term.
- Valdez has never closed for snow!