We are a very friendly gymnastics club that has grown over the last 20 years. We run over 60 classes per week to suit children of all ages and abilities.
Children of all abilities are welcome, and we aim to help them gain a sense of achievement, improve fitness and have fun whilst learning the skill of this exciting sport!
Valdez has a full range of equipment – vault, asymmetric bars, beams and a sprung floor. We have very experienced, qualified, DBS checked coaches and a very fun and friendly atmosphere!
We offer weekly classes that run with the Hertfordshire school term for children as young as 14 months, kids in primary school and kids at senior school.
POST COVID-19 PANDEMIC SAFETY
Safety has always been paramount at Valdez and this of course extends to Covid-19 protection.
Here are some of the ways Valdez is changing to keep you, your gymnast and coaches safe.
- Both gyms deep cleaned, disinfected and sanitized
- Numbers limited in classes to ensure social distancing is maintained
- Gymnasts have their own work stations
- No physical supporting or spotting by coaches (this may change soon)
- Extra matting and padding on equipment for safety and confidence
- Gymnasts must bring their own, labelled water bottle. The water cooler must not be used
- Drinks and toilet visits must be one at a time
- First aid will be given remotely or if physical contact essential, with full PPE
- Children or coaches taken ill during the session will be removed from the gym to another area
- Gymnasts and coaches must not attend if they feel unwell or have a temperature
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed for regular use during the session
- Hand sanitizer must also be used on entry and exit of the gym
- Chalk bucket removed with gymnasts using individual chalk chips.
- 15 minutes in-between classes to enable cleaning
- Gymnasts can be dropped anytime in this 15 minute window to allow entry one gymnast at a time
- No parents are to wait in the gym. We are exploring the possibility of sharing our CCTV so parents can still watch
- Gymnasts are collected from the rear of the gym anytime in the 15 minute window to allow exit one at a time
- Gymnasts will be reminded of the rules at the start of each class.
- All staff are comprehensively trained in Covid-19 safety.
Please click this link to see how classes will be run:
Welwyn Garden City here: https://youtu.be/ajVK0R2kz6A
Bishops Stortford here: https://youtu.be/xGIt5f5sdRQ